Today was Gretchen's 1st day back at daycare, and my 1st day back to work after our 2 week Christmas break. Today was also day 14 of potty training!
I took Gretchen to Mrs. Michelle in her big girl undies this morning, with plenty of undies, some extra clothes, socks, and pullups. I was shocked when I went to pick her up and she was in the exact same clothes!!!!
Gretchen went potty every time today that Mrs. Michelle took her! I was so proud of her!
We headed to the Y, so I could get in a quick work out. I was so excited because the Y in our area of town has finally opened and is only 5 or so minutes from the house. Gretchen wasn't as thrilled, as it was a new place to her and she did not want to be left. I told the child care watch provider, that she was being potty trained and that she was in panties. Which sparked a ton of questions from the provider.... "will she tell me when she has to go, how will I know that she has to go, etc. ?" My answers were "no, she won't tell you, and you'll know that she has to go or has gone because there will be pee on the floor!" Don't worry, I also told her that if Gretchen had an accident to come and get me because I would clean her up and take care of it. Well, 10 minutes later she did have an accident!
I managed to finish my workout, and we headed home. DJ cooked dinner (I love my husband!) while I watched Gretchen and encouraged her to use the potty. She sat 3 times, but did not go once tonight! She did want candy for sitting; which I put away after she went to bed, because I refuse to give her m&m after m&m just for sitting on the potty. And, I did introduce a sticker chart to her..... now if I can just keep her from playing w/ the stickers!
Maybe you can play movies on your laptop from youtube while she sits there. We play Superwhy and Word World off it while we run Drew's tube sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI actually thought about that! Have you seen the commercial, where the dad asks the little boy "where are you going?" and he says to the potty.... then he's in the bathroom watching t.v.! I love that commercial!
ReplyDelete